This is an independent group of interested parents of the school who meet from time to time during the year with the following aims:
- To promote a spirit of community and co-operation amongst the parents
- To work towards the continued advancement and progress of the College
- To provide a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for social and parenting discussions and staff presentations on issues of interest
- To develop friendship amongst parents via a parent peer group.
- To foster among parents the strong school spirit which is encouraged in our children
- To promote Parents' and Friends' Associatin functions
- The group shall be non-fundraising
- To have fun!
A programme of meetings will be arranged at the beginning of the year and will be advised in the weekly newsletter.
The Parents' Auxiliary also has authority from the Headmaster to collate, publish and distribute the Somerset Family Directory. This directory is distributed during Term One and contains contact telephone numbers and names of parents who wish to be included in the directory.
Parent Year Level Get-TogethersThroughout the year various groups of parents from particular year levels gather together for social functions. Usually these functions are organised by a parent co-ordinator of that year level. Details of these social events are always advertised in the College's weekly newsletter, the Somerset Times.