We are thrilled to announce our partnership with Specific Music to bring to Australia's youth, a Song Writing Competition.
This competition provides an opportunity for high school students to engage with some of Australia's elite music industry partners.
Specific Music is owned and operated by American songwriter, record producer, programmer, engineer, mixer and music publisher - Robert Conley and long time music and film industry veteran Leonie Conley.
The Somerset Song Writing Competition is open to all Australian high school students. It is a wonderful opportunity for serious student song writers, and there are also some fantastic prizes on offer!
Here's what the competition entails:
- Entrants to submit an mp3 or an online link (eg. Soundcloud) to a completed song and an accompanying lyric sheet. It is the Entrant’s responsibility to ensure that the recording submitted in respect of each entered song is complete and playable.
- Submit it by 2 Feburary 2018
- Have it judged by an expert panel
- Shortlisted winners will have the opportunity to attend the Somerset Celebration of Literature in March 2018
- On top of the prize for being a State winner, the National winner also receives 1 all inclusive pass to participate in 2018's 50 Songs in 5 Days - Emerging' Holiday Camp (22 to 28 April 2018) to be held at The Newington Armory, Sydney Olympic Park, New South Wales
- The Somerset Song Writing Competition is proudly sponsored by 50 Songs in 5 Days
Click here to view the 2018 Conditions of Entry.