Applications to enrol at Somerset College may be lodged at any time. Making an early application increases the likelihood of securing a place, and it is usual for casual vacancies to exist at most year levels for the beginning of each academic year.
- Complete an Application for Admission form online, including the $110.00 non-refundable Application Fee and a copy of your child’s birth certificate and current school reports, if applicable.
- If your child was born outside of Australia but is now a citizen, a copy of the Citizenship Certificate will also be required. For temporary or permanent residents of Australia, please attach a photocopy of your child’s passport and visa.
- Students will be placed on the Enrolment Register for the requested Year Level and year of entry. Please note that the completion of the Application for Admission does not guarantee your child a place.
- In the year prior to a student commencing at the College, first round offers will be made to students on the Enrolment Register generally based on date of application, with priority offered to families who have a current or previous affiliation with the College. Offers will continue to be made until all vacancies are filled. Offers of places must be accepted or declined within 14 days.
- When a position is to be offered, parents will be invited to bring their child to the College for an interview. If possible both parents should attend this interview.
- When accepting an offer of a position, parents are asked to complete and return the documentation listed below and make the payments detailed.
- Parents’ Consent Form
- Medical Information Form
- Student Details
- Agreement with the College
- Confirmation of Enrolment Fee - $1,600.00 (non-refundable)
- Alumni Life Membership Fee - $250.00 (non-refundable)
Admission to Somerset College is conditional upon the College being satisfied as to the ability of the students to benefit from the programmes offered.
The standard entry points to the College are Pre-Prep, Year 3 and Year 7. Students are admitted at other Year Levels, subject to the availability of positions.
The first entry point into Somerset College is Pre-Prep. The Pre-Prep programme is for children turning four by the end of June in the year they commence at the College. For example, a child born on 21 February 2016 would commence in Pre-Prep in 2020 and a child born on 21 August 2016 would commence in Pre-Prep in 2021.
In 2014, Year 7 became the entry point into the Senior School at Somerset College.
If you require any additional information please contact John Bacon, Dean of Admissions. If you would like to visit the College, we would be delighted to meet with you to discuss the opportunities available to all of our students.