Welcome back to our Spartan sporting community for 2018. This year will be an exciting one with our world-class sporting facilities and top programmes.
Volleyball: Girls Under 15 - 5 February
Volleyball: Boys and Girls Under 19 - 6 February
AFL: Girls Under 15 - 6 February
Volleyball: Boys Under 15 - 13 February
Baseball: 14 and 18 Years - Nominations in by 13 February
Basketball: Boys Under 18 - 13 February
Basketball: Girls Under 18 - 13 February
Rugby League: Boys Under 15 - 13 February
Rugby League: Boys Under 18 - 13 February
Cricket: Under 14 years - Nominations in by 28 February
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org immediately, if you would like to attend any of these trials and the relevant paperwork will be sent to you. Conveners must have five days’ notice of attendees.
All students nominate for all events they would like to swim at the South Coast Trials, to be held Monday, 26 February, 2018 at Miami Pool (one day only in 2018 due to Comm Games)
50m Free, Back, Fly, Breast and 100m Free
- If selected in school team to swim these at APS Carnival, these are the times used for Hinterland selection for South Coast Trials
- If not selected to swim in school team, must meet Regional qualifying standards on or after 1 July 2017 and attend APS Carnival and swim a time trial in these events and these times will be used for Hinterland selection for South Coast Trials. These races will not be for points for the APS Carnival but purely for qualification for the South Coast Trials.
All other Strokes/Distances are paper nominated
- Through Director of Sport
- Must attach print outs of recent times (meeting Regional qualifying standards on or after 1 July 2017) as evidence, with all meet details
- APS allocated 1 automatic qualifier per event for South Coast Trials
- Hinterland allocated 4 further qualifiers if inside South Coast qualifying times
- in addition to the above, if inside State qualifying times, swimmers will be considered
All policies and procedures are outlined in the Senior School Sport page of Schoolbox, under “Sport Policy and Dates”. All students and parents are encouraged to familiarise themselves with these.
Please note, practices are compulsory for both Winter and Summer Seasons.
- Rugby, Netball, Soccer, Hockey, Tennis and Volleyball
- All students have been sent an email with a link to select their Sport
- The link has also been posted on Schoolbox (Senior School Sport)
- If you make an error or change your mind, you must go to the Sports Department
Hinterland Trials are for strong performers to trial for representative selection in College Sport. These lead to Regional and State teams.
Students wishing to trial for these teams must email or come to the Sports Department ASAP. All trials are listed on the Sports page of Schoolbox (“Representative Sport” tile and announced in Notices during the week.)
Every Tuesday and Thursday at 7.30am to 8.15am. Meet Mr Butcher on the pool deck - all welcome. This begins tomorrow.
The House Swimming Carnival is in Week 4.
Every day at 7.00am to 8.15am. Meet Ms McKenna and Ms Oppermann at the Track - all welcome. This begins next Monday.
Student Injuries: If your son or daughter is injured at school sport, it must be recorded at the time by the school nurse/medical person present if parents wish to apply through the school insurance policy. If delayed signs or symptoms arise over the weekend, students must notify the school nurse on Monday morning.
- Don’t forget to check the Somerset Schoolbox Senior School Sport Page as well as the noticeboard at the end of the Science Block for all Sports notes.
- If you need more information, drop by the Sports Office.
- Add the Sports page link to your Schoolbox:
- Go to “My Links” at the bottom left of your Schoolbox page and click "Edit”
- At “Manage my Links”, click “+” at the top right of page
- Paste the link below and add title “Senior School Sport”:
- Don’t forget to check the Somerset Schoolbox Senior School Sport Page as well as the noticeboard at the end of the Science Block for all sports notes.
- If you need more information, drop by the Sports Office in the Ray Building.
Monday 12 February: Somerset House Swimming Carnival (8.40-3.20pm)
Wednesday 14 February: APS Swimming Carnival (9.30-2.30pm) at Somerset
Monday 26 February: South Coast Swimming Trials (all day) at Miami
All sporting details are posted on Schoolbox on the Sports page.
« Back to IndexNext article in this edition »