The Maths Olympiad is a Problem Solving competition which takes place throughout the year. Students sit for five separate exams with just five problems to answer each time – sounds easy? Well, it’s certainly not at all, and it is aimed at the extension maths students.
This year there were over 9000 students across Australia and New Zealand entered in our Year 7 and 8 divisions, with individual prizes going to students in the top 25 per cent or better.
Congratulations go to the following students:
- Special Achievement/Encouragement award: Lauren Chan
- Top 25%: Aaron Lim, Anna Georgeson, Keanu Matsuura
- Top 10%: Nathalie Brown, Kei Naito
- Special Achievement/Encouragement award: Andre Vasquez
- Top 25%: Giulia Provenzano, Anna Hori
- Top 10%: Tris Zhou, Momoe Gondo, Chloe Ming
- Top 2%: Roy Hsu, Vincent Chen, Miku Adachi
The Year 8 team did particularly well this year and were second in Queensland.
« Back to IndexNext article in this edition »