Willkommen zum Kaffeeklatsch! Kaffeeklatsch is an informal lunchtime gathering for German students in Years 10 to 12.
‘Kaffeeklatsch’ means to ‘gossip over coffee’ and that is exactly the idea. It is a chance for German students to converse in German outside of the classroom, in an informal, social setting. It is a fantastic opportunity for Senior School German students to meet, enjoy a drink and some German snacks, all while practising their German speaking skills!
The ‘Thema der Woche’ (topic of the week), provides a basis for the conversation and is taken from the German Senior School curriculum programmes, to ensure students are maximising their knowledge of relevant themes and vocabulary studied. Topics include family, leisure, health, environment and more.
Students will develop confidence, learn from others and realise that it is ok to make mistakes! The Kaffeeklatsch group provides a safe, supportive and enjoyable environment for students wishing to enhance their German language skills.
- Tuesdays, 12.20pm to 12.45pm
- The Bird and Bush (Retail Centre) (look out for the German flag!)
- German snacks and treats are provided. Students may contribute to this or simply bring their own lunch.
- A chance to speak German outside of the classroom setting
- Enhance confidence in speaking skills
- Meet and converse with German students from Years 10 to 12.
- Deepen understanding of German culture
- Expand vocabulary and knowledge of various topics
- Leadership opportunity for seniors and native speakers
For further information contact Mrs Ciappara or Mrs White, and keep your eyes out for the Schoolbox page - coming soon!
« Back to IndexNext article in this edition »