This week we race the 100m events of the House Swimming Carnival with the remainder of events to follow on Monday, 13 February.
Last weekend Bianca competed at the Australian Open Water Championships in Adelaide. She performed exceptionally well and achieved 5th place in the open 10k event only missing Australian selection by one place. She also achieved 1st place in her age group 5K event.
Hamish just spent a fabulous week at the AIS in Canberra with the Modern Pentathlon Youth Olympic Development Squad. The team trained alongside Olympians Chloe and Max Esposito and had a glimpse of the life off full time athletes as they worked through four sessions a day of swimming, running, shooting and fencing in preparation for the National Championships in Melbourne in February and World Youth titles in Prague in July.
Ryan and Oskar will compete in Adelaide in the Australian Youth & Junior Series Triathlon Race. Both boys are part of the Queensland Youth Team and competed in Race 2 at Robina on Saturday 21 February. Ryan came 12th and Oskar 22nd. On 21 February, the boys will travel to Harvey Bay to compete in the Queensland All Schools State Championships as individuals and in the teams event.
All policies and procedures are outlined in the Senior School Sport page of Schoolbox, under “Sport Policy and Dates”. All students and parents are encouraged to familiarise themselves with these.
Regional Swimming nominations: all those students who wish to qualify for the South Coast Swim Trials must see Mr Lunniss for paperwork and return it by Wednesday, 8 February. (Qualification is through the APS Carnival and paper nominations for other events).
- Rugby, Netball, Soccer, Hockey, Tennis & Volleyball
- all students have been sent an email with a link to select their sport
- if you make an error or change your mind, you must go to the Sports Department
Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7.30am. Meet Mr Butcher at the pool.
Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7.00am. Meet Ms McKenna & Ms Oppermann at the Track.
If your son or daughter is injured at school sport, it must be recorded at the time by the school nurse/medical person present if parents wish to apply through the school insurance policy. If delayed signs or symptoms arise over the weekend, students must notify the school nurse on Monday morning.
- don’t forget to check the Somerset Schoolbox Senior School Sport Page as well as the noticeboard at the end of the Science Block for all sports notes.
- if you need more information, drop by the Sports Office.
- Add the Sports page link to your Schoolbox:
- go to “My Links” at the bottom left of your Schoolbox page and click "Edit”
- at “Manage my Links”, click “+” at the top right of page
- paste the link below and add title “Senior School Sport”: http://schoolbox.somerset.qld.edu.au/homepage/1466
Swim Team Training: is every Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 7.30am-8.15am. Meet Mr Butcher on the pool deck - all welcome. Swimming Carnival is in week 4.
Cross Country Team Training: is every Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 7.00am-8.15am. Meet Ms McKenna & Ms Oppermann at the Track- all welcome.
Friday 3 February
* 12.50pm: Sports Assembly
* 1.15pm: House Swimming - 100 Races
Friday 10 February
* 12.50pm: Sports Assembly
* 1.15pm: Winter Sport Trials 1/3
- Monday 13 February: Somerset House Swimming Carnival (11:00 - 4:00pm)
- Wednesday 15 February: APS Swimming Carnival (9.30am - 2.30pm) at Somerset
- Monday 27 February and Wednesday 1 March: South Coast Swimming Trials (4.30pm - 9:00pm) at Southport
All sporting details are posted on Schoolbox on the Sports page.
« Back to IndexNext article in this edition »