The 2020 Somerset Celebration of Entrepreneurship will be held at the College from Tuesday 13 October to Wednesday 14 October 2020. This is the Celebration's fourth year. It returns in 2020, based on the success of the 2019 event for which over 12,000 tickets were sold.
For new parents especially, to be a volunteer will give you the opportunity to meet and mix with other parents, while contributing to the success of the Festival. Any time you have available to support the Celebration of Entrepreneurship will be greatly appreciated.
• Function Set Up: Assist with setting up for various functions including The Startup Launch Party, Orange Sky Party and the Pitch Night.
• Ushering: Responsible for ensuring the venue is set-up for each session, checking tickets and assisting visitors with seating.
• Transport: Driving a bus to and from schools to bring students to the Festival. You would require a bus drivers licence (MR or HR)
• Meet and Greet: As the first ‘port-of-call’ for visitors to the College, you will provide assistance in locating venues, facilities (food/toilets, et cetera), as well as a general meet and greet about the Festival and relevant events (handouts will be available).
• Year 9 Business Stalls: Located in Towers Quad for the duration of the Festival. Assist in monitoring students in the sale and service of food (snacks/meals), as well as hot and cold refreshments. This is essentially to support teaching staff to make sure that students maintain safe work practices. Students will be responsible for selling and serving customers.
• Club Kidpreneur Stalls: Located in Towers Quad for the duration of the Festival. Assist in monitoring students in the sale and service of their products and services. This is essentially to support teaching staff to make sure that students maintain safe work practices. Students will be responsible for selling and serving customers.
The Festival is a very exciting and fun time. We are unable to guarantee areas but will endeavour to accommodate your request. To volunteer, please complete the online form here. A parent co-ordinator will contact you in the near future to confirm your times and areas. Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.