Expressions of Interest are now sought from suitably experienced and qualified persons to commence January 2020 for the position of Teacher - Junior School.Read more »
The Headmaster has been designated the authority by the College Board regarding the employment of staff. All staff are issued with an employment contract and should address matters related to their employment with the Headmaster.
All employees of the College, other than teachers, are required to provide a Suitability Card or alternatively be eligible to obtain a Suitability Card at the time of appointment. All teaching staff employed at Somerset College are registered teachers with the Queensland College of Teachers.
Guidelines for Employment Applications
Before applying for an advertised position, or submitting an expression of interest for a position at Somerset College that has not been advertised, candidates should read the College Employment Expectations and, for advertised positions, the position’s Duties and Responsibilities Statement. Reference to these documents in an application for an advertised position is encouraged, though a point by point response is not required.
Applications must only be submitted using the Somerset College Online Application Form, which will require a cover letter and CV to be uploaded, and the contact details of three referees to be provided.
Applications for any advertised position must be submitted using the Online Application Form which will require you to provide:
• A covering letter to outline your interest and suitability for the advertised position
• How you became aware of the position (for example, Website, The Australian, The Courier Mail, Gold Coast Bulletin, etc)
• A full Curriculum Vitae, a photo may be included
• The names and contacts for three referees, including your current employer
• Copies of your qualifications
• Copy of current Blue Card (Support Staff positions only)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.