A Message from the Headmaster
By Craig Bassingthwaighte, Headmaster
We wish our Somerset community a happy and healthy holiday and a wonderful Easter. View a message from our Headmaster, Craig Bassingthwaighte below.
Craig Bassingthwaighte, Headmaster
It has once again been a busy yet enjoyable first semester at Somerset. We have a few staff changes and updates heading into the holiday break.
We wish the very best to Mr Wally Brodar, Mr Mario Keczan, Mr David Goodburn, and Ms Kim Capper who are currently enjoying some leave and Mr Stewart Moore, Mr Dallas O’Brien, Ms Anja Ward, Mr Andrew Wrigley and Mrs Leigh McNeil who will take some leave early next term. Mr Greg Juniper will also take leave for Semester Two and we wish him all the best till his return next year. We extend our very best wishes to Miss Brittany Seeney who will marry her fiancé, Ryan on Sunday 23 June.
We farewell Miss Amelia Pratt (Class of 2011) who, after six months as a Teacher Assistant in the Junior School, has accepted a teaching role interstate.
About 12 months ago we welcomed three new GAP Staff to Somerset; Miss Lotti Emerson, Miss Ella Johnson and Mr Dan Stephen. They’ve been a wonderful asset to the College and we wish them the very best for the future.
Finally, we bid farewell to Mr Andrew Butler and Mrs Cathy Makin who leave Somerset for new opportunities and their families. We look forward to their return to Somerset when they are able to visit.
Semester Two in the Junior School will see Mrs Annette Tayler fulfil the role of Learning Enhancement Teacher in Pre-Prep to Year 4, with Mrs Deb Jordan returning to teach Year 2T. Mrs Brigitte Weintrop will be working for one day a week as the Wellbeing Co-ordinator and Miss Bec Ellis will cover 4W on Thursdays. The permanent role of Learning Enhancement teacher will be advertised later in the year.
In the Senior School, Mrs Clare Walker will return full time and we thank Mr Martin Luehrmann for his work during Term Two. Mr Tom Betts will continue teaching Language and Literature.
I am delighted to announce that
• Mrs Holly Gramsch, B Arts, Dip Sp and Drama joins our Community Relations team as an Administrative Assistant – Alumni and Archives.
• Mr Peer Richards, B Design, Cert III Carpentry has joined us as Head Coach – Rowing.
• Ms Jose Flynn has agreed to take on the full time role as Theatre Manager in our wonderfully refurbished Roberts Centre.
• Miss Jasmin Dall'Acqua will join the Business and Humanities team while Mr Juniper is on leave.
• Mr Sam Whish-Wilson has accepted my offer to be the Year 11 Common Room Co-ordinator for the remainder of the year while Mr Juniper is on leave.
I wish you all a wonderful, safe and relaxing break; and we look forward to seeing you in Term Three 2019.« Back to IndexNext article in this edition »