It is a lot of fun to make music, and even more fun to make and perform music with friends. Somerset College Junior School has musical groups or “ensembles” for everyone and every talent – groups for singers, groups for strings, groups for woodwind and brass, and groups for percussion. The ensembles are all timetabled separately so that students can participate in as many as they like.
Even if students haven’t participated in an ensemble before, they are welcome to come along and see if it’s for them. Students who participate in ensembles have the benefit of working with children in other grades, meeting new friends and improving their social skills, building confidence through performing, expressing themselves creatively as well as building their brains learning how to play or improve upon an instrument. We love to share music with others through performance as we develop our knowledge and skills of music.
For more information about any of our groups, please email the directors (listed in the table).
- Year 1 – Suzuki Strings, Cool Cats
- Year 2 – Suzuki Strings, Cool Cats
- Year 3 – Suzuki Strings, JSO2, JSO1, Melodic Myna’s
- Year 4 – Suzuki Strings, JSO2, JSO1, Concert Band, Percussion Club, Melodic Myna’s, Recorder Ensemble
- Year 5 – Suzuki Strings, JSO2, JSO1, Concert Band, Percussion Club, Junior Chorale,Recorder Ensemble
- Year 6 – Suzuki Strings, JSO2, JSO1, Concert Band, Percussion Club, Junior Chorale, Recorder Ensemble
« Back to IndexNext article in this edition »