Please observe the following rules and guidelines when utilising the Fitness Centre within the Sports Precinct:
- No towel, no workout.
- Enclosed footwear must be worn at all times. Open-toed shoes are not permitted.
- Do not drop weights on the Fitness Centre floor; rack weights when finished.
- Photography and video are strictly prohibited.
- Machines are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Spotters are highly recommended.
- As a courtesy to others, we ask that you wipe down your equipment after use.
- Carry bags are not permitted in workout areas.
- Disrupting or interfering with the workout of another member is not permitted. Respect the rights of others by using courteous and appropriate behaviour.
- Somerset College is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items. As such, valuables should not be left unattended. Items will not be held at the front desk.
- Compliance with free weights includes the following:
- Collars are encouraged to be used at all times to secure weights on bars.
- Weight plates are not to be leaned against equipment, stands, and/or machines.
- After utilising equipment, strip bars and return plates and dumbbells to proper storage areas.
- Students and members utilising the Fitness Centre should report all equipment malfunctions, personal injuries, and concerns immediately to a staff member.
- Exercise equipment must not be altered and must be used in accordance with its intended purpose.
- Only authorised Somerset College personnel are permitted to personal train within the facility. Unauthorised use of this facility for personal/financial gain is prohibited.
- Weights must not be removed from the Fitness Centre for any reason.
- All activities are to cease at the designated closing time and all participants are to clear the facility at this time.
- Please ask Fitness Centre staff for assistance when using equipment you are not familiar with.
- Personal music items must be accompanied by personal headphones.
- Be courteous and respectful of others. No swearing, grunting, or other loud noises are permitted.
- Under no circumstances should non-members be allowed in the facility.
- Senior School students are permitted access to the facility during the scheduled operational hours.
Junior School students are not permitted access to the facility unless they are supervised by a teacher or coach.
At the discretion of the Headmaster and/or the College Board and/or a member of the College’s Leadership Team and without being required to provide reasons Membership may be immediately withdrawn without notice and at any time.